Guidelines for Permanent Cosmetic
PRE-PROCEDURE CARE FOR ALL PROCEDURES TO INCLUDE: EYEBROWS, EYELINER, LIP LINER AND FULL LIP COLOR
- Permanent cosmetic procedures are sometimes a multi-session process. New procedures require two appointments. Procedures from previous procedures, done by another technician, may require more visits. A second visit will be scheduled at least 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure. Additional charges will apply for visits beyond the second procedure.
- Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly larger, sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates.
- While these injected tones may initially simulate the exact color and tone desired, it will not always remain a perfect match. Injected tones are constant, while your own skin tones will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun, and circulatory changes. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make any social plans for a day or two, following any procedures.
TAKE NOTICE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- If you are under doctor’s care for any reason, please notify us before scheduling your procedure.
- Organ Transplant Recipients may not receive permanent makeup.
- NO Vitamin supplements or natural supplements of any kind for at least 3 days (72 hrs) prior to the procedure.
- Please do not take aspirin, green tea, caffeine, vitamin E, or any Herbs for 3 days prior to your procedure. If your doctor, has you on aspirin every day, we will need your doctor’s approval in written form for you to stop taking the aspirin.
- Please eat a low sodium diet for the three days leading up to the procedure. Avoid pre-packaged foods as they are very high in sodium. If your body is retaining excess water, it can be difficult to get the pigment in.
- If you take medication to see the dentist, please do so on the day of your procedure just as you would if you had a dentist appointment.
- If you are on blood thinners, we require a note from your doctor allowing you to discontinue them for 3 days prior to your procedure and the note must also have the doctor's approval for the procedure (Please make sure you stop taking these 3 full days prior to your appointment).
- For Lip procedures, If you are prone to cold sores, please get a prescription of Valtrex (1000mg for 7 days) and begin taking it the day before the procedure
- If you are under treatment for any form of cancer, you must wait until your treatment is complete. It is recommended to get permanent makeup before you start any cancer treatment.
- No alcohol for 24 hours prior to or after your procedure.
- Please be advised that women that are on or near their menstrual cycle tend to bleed a bit more during the procedure than women that are not. If you wish to avoid this, please let us know.
- If you have well water, please get a gallon of distilled water and mild soap to clean the procedure site.
- Any eyebrow tinting should be done no sooner than 48 hours before the procedure or two weeks after the procedure.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Electrolysis hair removal no less than 5 days before. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks.
- You may not have brow work done if you have had Botox. Please wait until it has worn off and you need to have it done again. If you do permanent cosmetic after Botox, then there is a chance that as the Botox wears off, your brows will be crooked. Get permanent cosmetic first, and then schedule your Botox.
EYE LINER PROCEDURE
- Please DO NOT wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure. Please remember to bring your glasses the day of your procedure.
- If you have had any kind of eye surgery, we require a doctor’s note stating you are approved for the procedure. Some eye surgeries can cause vascularity and pigment may not implant properly.
- You may not use Latisse (or any other lash growth enhancement product) for six months prior or one month after the final procedure.
- You may not use any product for dark circles around the eyes for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- If you have any type of eye conditions, we do require approval from your Doctor.
- If you have diabetes or skin cancer, we do require approval from your doctor.
- Any eyelash curling should be done no sooner than 48 hours before the procedure or two weeks after the procedure.
- You MUST replace your mascara. DO NOT use an old tube of mascara during or after your procedures.
LIP LINER OR FULL LIP COLOR
- No breakout of cold sores within the past 2 weeks.
- If you are having lip procedures and have ANY history of cold sores, fever blisters, or herpes simplex, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks. Many physicians prescribe Valtrex (12 capsules of 500mg each). These can be taken 2x a day, two days before permanent cosmetic procedure and four days after, or as the physician prescribes.